When was the last time you did a product survey?
In other words, when was the last time you heard your customer?
Businesses tend to get lost in marketing and development etc. etc. that they forget about their customers.
Don’t get me wrong, I know they’re thinking about them, but they’re thinking about how to increase revenue through marketing activities.
But not how to make our customers more loyal, get them to be an ambassador for your business which costs you next to nothing.
When you conduct a product survey, you build a connection between you and your customers.
Product surveys are a very important tool for any business.
Product surveys help you get feedback from your customers, and they also give you an opportunity to upsell products or services that may be of interest to them.
Product Surveys can also provide valuable information about your products.
This is essential if you want to improve the quality of the product or service that you offer.
Product surveys are a win-win situation for both your company and your customers!
What is a Product Survey?
Now, if you’re new to all of this, you might be asking, what’s a product survey, to begin with?
A Product Survey is an opinion survey that you give to your customers.
Your customer will answer questions like:
– Can you recommend our service or product?
– How likely are you to buy from us again?
– Would you refer their friends and family to our business?
etc., etc., etc.
How to do a proper product survey?
Now that you’ve learned about product surveys and what they are used for, we move to execute them.
First, set some goals.
You need to be clear on Why you are doing this survey?
Are you launching a new product?
Are you looking to improve your current offerings, services, or products?
Are you doing market research?
Whatever your goal is, it needs to be the first thing you start with.
Second, decide who that form is for?
You need to determine who’s that survey for
Is it a random sample, so you’re showing it to everyone?
Is it segmented according to specific parameters?
Third, what kind of survey?
Now that you got most of the details figured out, you need to choose the type of survey that you’ll be running with.
Ask yourself what do you want to achieve with your Product Survey.
Then come up with a list of questions that will help you reach those goals.
A few good examples are:
– Rate how satisfied were you with our service? (satisfaction)
– Did we exceed your expectations in any way? (overall experience) etc., etc.
Fourth, the right tool for the right job.
This is one of the most important steps in Product Surveys.
Choosing the right tool helps you get better answers that help you know more.
In FigPii, we enable you to get the feedback that you’re looking for.
- Direct feedback from visitors
- Target specific segments
- Target specific campaigns
- Multiple question types
You can make your product survey like you need it exactly.
- Get feedback from visitors
- Target users based on your specifically defined segment
- Target different campaigns with specific product surveys
- And enable more users to fill your form through MCQs
Now we move to some survey question examples.
Depending on your industry, your questions will vary greatly.
Let’s say you’re an eCommerce store.
You’ll ask questions like these…
- What information is missing or would make your decision to buy easier?
- What were the main reasons for returning your last purchase?
- Why didn’t you buy anything in our store today?
- Do you have any suggestions to make it easier and quicker to find what we offer on the site?
- What can we do to help you shop more with us?
But let’s say you’re a SaaS, like us.
- You’ll ask questions based on whether he’s a visitor or a customer.
- If he’s just a visitor, you’ll ask questions like…
- What can we offer you to use us more often?
- Are you interested in any of our services?
- What would make your experience with us better and more enjoyable than it is today?
- If he’s a customer, then you’ll ask questions like:
- Do we have the right Product or Services that meet your needs as a business owner?
- Would you recommend FigPii to other businesses owners like yourself who are looking for similar products/services?
- How likely are you to buy from us again? Would you refer friends and family to our company (Referral)?
- Please rate our customer service 🙂
But if they’re still a visitor and haven’t bought from you yet, you’d ask more questions about what are they looking for and if you’re a right fit for them.
Questions like these:
- Got any questions for us before starting a free trial?
- What Product or Services are you looking for?
- Are we a good fit for your needs as a business owner in the same industry?
- Was this help section useful?
- Is there something not clear for you that’s preventing you from buying?
Top tips for asking product survey questions
You don’t want to throw your questions on the wall and see what sticks.
You want to carefully plan and write your survey questions.
The Product Survey questions you ask will depend on your goals.
But in general, here are a few tips:
– Ask open-ended questions (questions that allow respondents to answer with an opinion) and specific close-ended ones (to get more detailed answers).
– Keep it relevant to the topic of Product Surveys for business owners like yourself.
– Include some neutral “fillers” when asking closed questions, so people have room to prioritize their responses.
You don’t want them overloaded by too many choices, or they’ll just give up!
Focus the survey question on your user!
Depending on the Product or Services that you offer, it’s important to know how they’re feeling or what they need before going into Product Surveys with them.
When doing Product Survey research for yourself as a business owner in this industry, ask questions like these:
– What information do we not provide? (don’t have)
– How can we make our website better at answering those concerns? (provide more detail?) etc., etc.
Remember, this is supposed to be fun, not annoying.
Why Should You Conduct Product Surveys?
– Product Surveys help you improve how Products or Services work and identify what’s missing for users.
– Including a Product Survey in your marketing strategy is an important step.
– Product Surveys are a way to get feedback from people who use your product to improve their experience.
In order to find out what customers think about your product, you need to conduct product surveys.
There are many different types of product surveys, and the one that is right for you will depend on the goals you have set in terms of who it’s for and what kind of questions need asking.
It’s important when designing these questions to keep them short, simple, and relevant so as not to overwhelm respondents with too much information or time commitment required from their end.
We’ve provided some top tips below if you’re considering conducting a survey but want more guidance before diving straight into writing your own questionnaire!
Signup today and get a 14-days free trial to try our polls to conduct your product surveys.
Launch highly targeted surveys and gather Important info that helps you improve your offerings today!