What are heatmaps

Graphical representation of how website visitors interact with individual web pages. This information is easily understandable using color codes: from red to blue, the areas of the map are more or less attractive.

Different types of heatmaps

Scroll Maps The percentage of people who scroll down at any level of your page.
Click Maps –  See where visitors are clicking on your page.
Movement Maps –Where users are spending and hovering the most on your web page.

Attention Maps – a visual representation of where users have spent the most time on a page

Statistics about website heatmaps

Users spend 80% of their time looking at information above the fold.

2,000-3,000 page views per screen are recommended per device for accurate heatmaps.

Attention heatmaps can mimic human vision with 90-94% accuracy.

People spend more time on the left half of a webpage than the right – about 69% total.

Advertising has gone a little crazy over the past 60 years.
People see over 5,000 ads a day now,

Users select a site in less than 5 seconds.

how users decide on a link:

  • Snippet – 43% important
  • Title – 30% important
  • URL – 21% important

There’s a 64% correlation between what movement heatmaps and visitors’ eye movement.

20% of people make it down a website—and the remaining 80% don’t miss important elements.

19% of people showed some horizontal correlation between mouse movement and eye-tracking.

10% hovered over a link and then continued to read around the page looking at other things.

The content that’s most important to your visitors’ goals should be at the top of the page.

Author